|Roger's Pass BC|
This summer we did a fifteen-day tour of British Columbia in our motorhome, from July 17th to 31st. the Total distance was 2807 km.
Google map of our route:
View BC Tour 2012 in a larger map
Outline and some highlights, followed by a few pictures:
- July 17: Drove to Salmon Arm and boondocked at Piccadilly Mall. They welcome boondockers and even provide a free sani-dump. A nice place to make supper before hunkering down is McGuire Lake Park on the East side of Salmon Arm.
- July 18: Drove to Kumsheen Rafting Resort near Lytton
- July 19: Day of rafting on the Thompson River, hosted by Kumsheen Rafting Resort . Photo below.
- July 20: Drove to West Vancouver via the north route, through Lilooet, Pemberton and Whistler. Incredible scenery!
- July 21: Visited relatives in West Vancouver, stayed at Capilano River RV Park. Very expensive but clean.
- July 22: Visited relatives in West Vancouver for a second day.
- July 23: Drove to E.C. Manning Provincial Park
- July 24: Drove to Osoyoos, on the Okanagan Valley. Stayed at the best campground of the trip, Haynes Point Provincial Park. "Surrounded by warm water and sandy beaches, Haynes Point sits on a pencil of land jutting into Osoyoos Lake." Photo below.
- July 25: Drove north through the Okanagan, stopping at wineries such as Nk'mip Cellars and See Ya Later Ranch . took the winery tour at Nk'Mip Cellars. Ended the day at Kekuli Bay Provincial Park near Vernon.
- July 26: Another day in Kekuli Bay Provincial Park , cruised around Vernon and lazed at the beach in Paddlewheel Park.
- July 27: drove to Vernon and visited the Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery. Worth a visit just to see their lovely wood-fired still, let alone the delicious spirits. See Photo below. Drove west on highway 6 to through Lumby, (beautiful scenery) took the ferry at Needles, through Nakusp and on to Halcyon Hot Springs Village and Spa. Halcyon is the nicest hot springs I have ever seen! Photo below.
- July 28: Soaked some more in the hot springs. Then drove down through the Slocan Valley through New Denver and stayed overnight on my brother's property near Winlaw.
- July 29: Stayed in Winlaw. Spent the day boating with my brother on Slocan Lake. This beautiful lake is a lot less crowded than anything in the Okanagan.
- July 30: Drove on through Nelson; parked at Lakeside Park and rode our bikes from there along the Lakeside Waterfront Pathway. Walked through the quaint downtown area and did some shopping. Drove on to Creston.
- July 31: Picked 30 pounds of cherries in Creston, then drove home.
|Rafting on the Thompson River|
|Beautiful campsite at Hayne's Point|
|The still a Okanagan Spirits|
|Halcyon Hot Springs|